Why Lead Paint Is Harmful Long After the Paint Dries

Lead is a naturally occurring element that can be toxic to people and pets. Lead is found in many parts of your everyday environment, and it has also been used in a wide range of household products and materials, such as batteries, ceramics, pipes, and paint. For homes built before 1978, when lead-containing paint was banned for consumer use, there is a decent chance that they contain lead-based paint. If there is a chance that your home contains this material, then consider scheduling services for testing and lead-based paint removal in the Bay Area.

Lead-based paint poses a danger long after the paint dries, because the toxic element is still present. More significantly, the wear and tear that affects the painted surface over time can lead to peeling paint and airborne paint dust. Because children and pets may touch, lick, or chew on surfaces that are contaminated by lead-based paint, paint chips, or paint dust, it’s important for the health of your family that any lead-based paint be detected and contained or removed.

Why Lead Paint Is Harmful Long After the Paint Dries