Asbestos is something that almost everyone has heard of, but not everyone is clear on what it is. You may have heard that it is a dangerous substance that can often be found in older buildings, and you may know that it is resistant to fire. Asbestos is a mineral that humans have been mining and using for thousands of years. It wasn’t until relatively recently, however, that we discovered how hazardous the substance is to our health. If you inhale fine asbestos fibers, it can have serious consequences, including making you more likely to develop cancer. That’s why professional asbestos abatement is so critical if you think that you may have the mineral in the walls of your Bay Area home. Watch this informative video to learn more about asbestos.