Residential Asbestos Abatement
Having concerns about asbestos in your home? Give us a call!
You want your home to be a safe place for your family to enjoy everyday life. If you are concerned about asbestos and you’re in the Bay Area, Environmental Remedies Inc. is here to help with your residential asbestos removal needs. Our team is licensed and certified to remove asbestos and lead to ensure your home is the healthy environment you deserve.
When to Check for Asbestos
While asbestos-based products are not dangerous unless damaged or disturbed, it’s important to be aware of asbestos in your home and when it can pose a health risk. Asbestos testing is a simple and effective way to determine whether your home can benefit from asbestos abatement.
- Some asbestos-based products release fibers into the air if they are cut, drilled, sanded, or moved. If you are planning a home improvement project or renovation, it’s a good idea to schedule asbestos testing before you begin. Even if you are just planning to make repairs to an area of your home, you should have the area tested for asbestos to ensure repair work won’t pose a hazard.
- Asbestos-based products may also release fibers when they wear down or deteriorate. If your home has suffered a leak, flood, or pest problem, you should schedule asbestos testing before restoration to ensure that damaged materials are not releasing asbestos and you are not making repairs to areas that should instead undergo asbestos abatement.
Tips to Prepare for Asbestos Removal
Once you’ve scheduled asbestos removal, there are a few steps you can take to prepare your family and your home for this process. If you have any questions about asbestos removal, please call Environmental Remedies Inc. at (925) 461-3285.
- Talk to your asbestos abatement service about what you can expect. Every home is unique, so the best way to understand the asbestos removal process for your home is to get a timeline and plan from your contractor to ensure you understand how the process will be handled.
- Your asbestos abatement professional will need access to every area that may contain asbestos. Any non-contaminated materials, such as your belongings, furniture, and artwork, should be packed and stored in another area of your home, or taken to a storage unit for safekeeping prior to work.
- If you aren’t comfortable staying in your home during abatement or a large portion of your home will be inaccessible due to the work, you’ll want to make arrangements for other accommodations for your family and pets. Your asbestos removal service can let you know how long the work should take.